Xanalys products form part of an integrated suite to enable investigative management and analysis of data.
The Investigation Software Company
Preview of Link Explorer 6.0 Available
Xanalys would like to announce that Link Explorer 6.0 is currently in beta testing and expect release in Q4 2010. Link Explorer version 6.0 contains a significant number of new features and represents a large step in the evolution of the product.
Significant new features include:
- New User Interface. Link Explorer’s interface has been redesigned with common functionality being moved from a single menu/toolbar, to individual charts and the two retractable side panels. The aim of this redesign is not only to provide a more intuitive and simple interface, but to create an “analytical workflow” to the query creation/chart analysis process.
- New and Improved Chart Layouts. Link Explorer now provides an expanded range of layouts to choose from. The default link chart has been changed to a new circular layout which provides improved clustering of data and a more concise layout of leaf nodes. Two other organic cluster layouts and a layered hierarchy layout have been added to the set of available Link Charts.
- New Mini-Chart Window. The plan view window in Link Explorer 5 has been replaced by an interactive “mini chart” overview window that allows scaling and navigation of the chart.
- Microsoft Excel Plug-in. All Link Explorer chart types now support data export to Excel. Excel integration has been extended via a new “plug-in” which creates a toolbar (2003) or ribbon (2007/2010) in Excel, listing a set of Link Explorer and Bing Mapping functions which can be applied to a set of selected exported data in an Excel worksheet.
- Microsoft Bing Mapping. Geospatial analysis is now offered as a standard feature of Link Explorer via Microsoft Bing Mapping. The integration allows the automated geocoding and plotting of Link Explorer objects on a Bing Map. In addition, the integration supports the clustering of objects on the map, selection of objects by the drawing of a rectangle, and returning the selected objects from the map to a Link Explorer chart.
- Capture Constraint. This powerful analytical feature allows you to capture any selection of objects within a constraint. Then, using the Filter function at a later time, these objects can be identified in the context of another chart.
- Auto-Generated Key. This feature will add Annotation entries to a chart displaying each icon style on the current chart. These can be then be edited/deleted to quickly produce the exact annotation/key set you require for that chart.
- Icon Set. A new icon set of XP and Vista/Win7 icons is distributed with Link Explorer 6.0. The 5.x icon set is still available to ensure that existing templates and workfiles are displayed correctly when loaded in 6.0.
The major new features can be seen in the demonstration video.
Xanalys® Ltd develops and markets innovative investigative management software solutions for law enforcement, military, intelligence and financial organizations.
Combining award winning and patented software with domain experienced staff, Xanalys deploys affordable solutions to address the complex demands of investigation management. With worldwide deployment of its solutions, Xanalys supports its clients through a network of partners and distributors, and directly through its base in Altrincham, Cheshire UK. Xanalys continues to develop its software solutions in a framework of consultation with its users, and is constantly striving to advance its technology capability and the means to deliver business value to agencies worldwide. For more information, visit www.xanalys.com.
Tags: Link Explorer
- Building an evidence-based approach to I.P. investigations
- Xanalys team with UCLAN’s Criminal Investigation MSc
- Xanalys will be exhibiting at the TSI Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards Conference and Exhibition 2013
- PowerCase ‘pop-up’ Incident Room
- Xanalys will be exhibiting at the International Crime and Intelligence Analysis Conference – Dec 2012